Welcome to the launch of our Women in Tech SEO website!
I’ve spent the past week navigating the world of Gatsby, Contentful, Netlify and Git commands! I wanted to build a website for this community, and I figured I might as well challenge myself and learn something new.
I’ve been in this industry for over 6 years and I’ve always wanted to be a part of a community where:
- I don’t overthink and over-phrase every question I have before asking it
- I don’t worry about being judged that I’m not good enough at my job
- I feel motivated and inspired to become better and enjoy the work I do every day
I searched far and wide but struggled to find this community anywhere. So, I decided to create my own! I envisioned events that purely have female speakers and female attendees – “sounds like heaven” is what I thought!
This month marks 3 months since the Women in Tech SEO community launched. On May 28th, on a warm Ramadan night, I created both the Facebook group and the London Meetup group and shared them on Twitter.
Since May 28th, here’s where we currently are:
- The Global Facebook group now has 507 women who’ve shared 363 posts and commented 2,539 times
- The London Meetup group now has 211 women and we’ve organised 3 meet-ups to date
- We organised our first virtual meet-up this August for our global community under the theme of ‘Our Tech SEO Journeys’
- Our meet-ups are confirmed till the end of the year, with confirmed venues and speakers
- Aaaaand we’re planning something big for 2020 – we can’t give too much away at this stage
Our values are:
- To Be Kind
- To Be Helpful
- To Be Respectful
- To Be a Safe & Judgement-Free Community
This website will act as a hub to keep you up to date with our community. It’ll feature details and announcements on future and past events and it’ll frequently publish thought pieces and writings.
If you have any suggestions or feedback on how to make this community better and stronger, let me know – I’m all ears! Feel free to DM me directly.